- You can share a Twitter fleet as a tweet, but only if you were the creator of the original fleet.
- Twitter’s fleets feature allows users to share ephemeral images, video, text, and share tweets.
- To share a fleet as a tweet, your fleet has to be a still image or text-based fleet; it can’t be a video.
- The fleets feature is currently only available within the Twitter mobile app.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Twitter’s latest feature, fleets, allows users to share ephemeral images, video, text and tweets in a story-like format popularized by Snapchat and Instagram.
The social media company rolled out the fleets feature in November 2020 to all US users, but so far it is only available within the Twitter app, not yet on desktop.
Tweets can be fleeted — and fleets can also be tweeted. However, you can only tweet out fleets you’ve made from your own account. The fleet also cannot be a video file; it has to be a still image or text-based fleet.
Here’s how to share a fleet in a tweet.
How to share a fleet in a tweet using the Twitter app
1. Open the Twitter app on your device. The fleets feature is only available within the Twitter mobile app.
2. At the top of the page you will see icons with various users’ profile photos — this is where you can find your fleets and other users’ fleets. Fleets can also be found by going to a user’s profile page and tapping on their profile photo. A blue circle will appear around the fleets you have not yet seen.
3. Select your profile image in the top left corner of the app. This will take you to your current fleets. If you don’t have any fleets currently posted, it will take you to your camera roll.
4. Select the fleet you wish to share. If you haven’t yet used the fleet feature, here’s how.
5. Once you’ve found the fleet of yours you wish to tweet, tap the down arrow in the top right corner.
6. In the pop-up window, select “Tweet this.”
7. Type a comment to accompany the fleet, if you wish. When you’re ready, select “Tweet.”
8. The fleet will only be available for 24 hours, but the tweet including the fleet will be visible for longer.