There is an app for everything these days. That’s a reality that many iPhone users are all too familiar with—wildly when they glance down at their phones and discover they have far more applications than they ever wanted or needed to begin with. Interested in getting rid of a few on your list? Not so fast, my friend.
delete apps on iPhone
Before proceeding, you must double-check that you are really deleting them, rather than just removing them from your home screen. Yes, you read it correctly, if you don’t take a few more steps, those unwanted applications will still be hiding around on your smartphone someplace, waiting to be discovered.
That’s just one of the things that Apple insiders know about iPhones that the rest of us don’t know about them. Here’s all you need to know about deleting iPhone applications permanently, regardless of whether you’re navigating from your phone, your computer, or even a cloud storage service like iCloud.
How to uninstall applications from your iPhone
The majority of iPhone users are already familiar with the process of uninstalling an app. All you have to do is hold down one app until all of the applications begin to shake, and then choose the Remove App option from the context menu. Afterwards, press Delete once again to confirm that this is really what you intended to do and remove the program from your device altogether.
One issue is that the app is temporarily deleted from your home screen when you do this, but it is not entirely erased from your device. However, in your Apple account, the app remains, and it may even be accidentally restored to your phone via an update or sync. It takes a few extra steps to permanently delete an app from your Apple account, settings, or iTunes, depending on the method you choose.
Deleted from the Preferences
There are several additional options for deleting iPhone applications.
- Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage to erase data via the Settings app.
- From here, you’ll be able to view a list of the applications that have been installed on your iPhone.
- If you choose one of the applications, you will be presented with the option to Delete App. Essentially, it does the same thing as removing an app off the home screen, it is just a different method of accomplishing the same goal.
- As long as you’re in the settings menu, you should double-check your iPhone’s privacy settings to verify that your information is appropriately secured
Read also :- How to delete apps?
Delete from the iTunes Store
- Opening iTunes on your Mac or PC, navigating to Library > Apps, and then right-click on the program that you wish to remove are the steps required for this.
- A confirmation window will appear, requesting your confirmation that you want the app deleted. Once this is completed, you must go to the Trash and empty it.
- Lastly, connect your iPhone to iTunes and sync it with your computer.
- This technique of removing applications from your iPhone is “very time-consuming and not very frequently utilized.
How to remove applications from your iCloud account
Remember that your iPhone may not be the only location where an app exists—or at the very least, where a trace of it may be found. iCloud Settings on a device may display purchase history, be used to manage subscriptions (which just moves the user to the subscription page in the App Store), and access some family-sharing features. This is why Apple users may wish to remove applications from their iCloud as well
- For this, navigate to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage and follow the prompts.
- In the next step, you should choose your device’s most recent backup, after which you will see a list of applications with a switch control (on or off).
- When asked, choose Turn Off & Remove from the menu bar. “Simply turn off the switch for the app you want to delete and press Turn Off & Delete when prompted.”
- Delete an old messaging program but wish to replace it with a new (and safer) one.
How to remove pre-built applications from your iPhone
The method for uninstalling preloaded applications on an iPhone is the same as the process for deleting any other program on an iPhone.
- Hold down the app icon until it begins to wobble and a cross appears in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- To confirm the operation, choose Delete from the pop-up menu.”
Keep in mind that not all pre-installed applications will offer the same choices for uninstalling as the others. When an app comes preloaded, it will provide the option to Delete App (like the Books app) and Remove From Home Screen (like the Calendar app). In contrast to Delete Program, which entirely removes the application bundle from the home screen, Remove From Home Screen merely conceals the app.
The reason we can’t simply remove all of the applications is that some of them share libraries with other apps, which allow those apps to perform different functions.” By pressing and holding down on the preloaded applications and looking at the choices that appear, you will determine which ones can and cannot be uninstalled.
Delete your Apple ID from your computer.
- To remove an app from your Apple account, first, uninstall the program from your iPhone.
- Then go into your Apple account and delete the app from there.
- Then, open the App Store and go to Purchased by clicking on your profile photo.
- When you open an app, you may swipe left and select Hide if you don’t want anybody to know that the app was installed on your smartphone.
A hidden software will be deleted from your Apple account, but the app will remain shown in your purchase history.
For iOS users, removing an app off the Home Screen is as simple as tapping and holding the app on the Home Screen until it appears in the App Library or tapping and holding the app until it appears in the Delete App list to remove it from iPhone permanently.