There is no doubt why application security is a current subject. With time all the E-Commerce business comes on the internet so web application security is highly demanded and a good career option. In this article, we will discuss the history and future of web application technology and security. We describe the course security problem facing web applications that users can supply or battery input and the various factors that contribute to their weak security posture.
Evolution of Web Application Security
In the early days of the internet, the world wide web consisted of websites only. There were essentially static documents. The flow of information was one way from server to browser. The website does not authenticate users because there was no need to. But today websites are used for many purposes so it is necessary to authenticate a user. Today the world wide web is almost unrecognizable from its earlier form. The majority of sites on the web are highly functional and rely on two-way flow information between the server and Browser. They spot registration login financial transaction search and the authority of content by users. With time web applications bring with them new and significant security threads. Each application is different and contains unique vulnerabilities.15 years ago if you wanted to transfer a fund then you needed to visit a bank but today you can visit a web application and perform that transaction yourself. Whoever compromises web applications may be able to steal personal information, and financial details and perform malicious action against other users.
Common Web Application Functions
Web applications have been created to form practically I will use functions you could implement online. I have given some web application functions that you have used Daily in your life:-
- Shopping ( Amazon )
- Social Networking ( Instagram )
- Banking ( HDFC Bank )
- Web Search ( Google )
- Auction ( eBay )
- Web Logs ( WordPress, Blogger )
- Web Mail ( Gmail ) & much more
Benefits Of Web Applications
It is not difficult to see why applications have been enjoyed by us. Several technical sectors have worked alongside to drive a web application.
- HTTP is the core communication protocol used to access the world wide web. It is lightweight and connectionless and avoids the need for the server to hold open a network connection to every user. HTTP can also be tunneled over other protocols allowing for secure communication.
- Everywhere a user already has a browser installed on their computer or mobile device. Users do not require any other software to visit the world wide web. Website in-face changes need to be implemented once at the server-side only.
- Today browsers are highly functional enabling a rich and satisfying user interface. Web interfaces use standard navigational and input controls familiar to users. Client-side scripting enables applications to push part of their processing to the client-side.
- The court technology and language used to develop applications are relatively simple. A wide range of platforms and development tools are available to facilitate the development of a web application.
Why Web Application Security?
The most serious attacks against web applications are those that expose website-sensitive data and gain unauthorized access to the website server. Throughout this evolution web, applications have remained in the news. There is widespread awareness that security is a web application. Most applications state that they are secure because they use SSL. SSL prevents unauthorized users from viewing any of your information. Increasingly organizations also cite their complaints with payment card industry standards to ensure that users are secure.
I have given some common categories of vulnerability you can find on websites:-
- Broken Authentication
- Broken access controls
- SQL injection
- Cross-Site Scripting
- Information Leakage
- Cross-Site Reverse Forgery
Future Of Web Applications Security
Understanding of security threats facing web applications and effectively addressing these are still under development within the industry. There is currently little indication that the problem factor described shows that web application security is going to be highly demanded. Now websites work on cloud computing so there are high chances to make a career option in web application security. Every day in new attacks and enumerability we can exploit. These days there are many online platforms like hacker one and b crowd that provides web application security and a lot of security engineer and core hackers registered there to test websites and earn money. With years of web application security changes so we need to change ourselves according to technology otherwise it can be a bad career option for us.
In this article, we have described the history and future of web application security and how web application security evolved. Most applications face the course security problems that users can submit any arbitrary input. All the evidence about the current state of application security indicates that we have to secure websites and we require a lot of security engineers or hackers to secure the internet from bad people. If you have an interest in computer and cyber security then it will be a good career option for you. Attackers against web applications still present a serious threat to both the organization and the user who accesses them.