‘Chromebooks are meant to run a lightweight operating system that is designed to aid you in certain productivity activities, but mostly handle light computing tasks such as Internet navigation, streaming of films, and mobile gaming. So, here is a guide on how to copy and paste in chromebook.
How to Copy and Paste In Chromebook
Chromebooks give you the usage of keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste text and photographs or to pick them from the context menu that shows text and images by right-clicking. Whether you’re using a touch screen device or if there are no buttons on your Chromebook, you can still copy and paste.
How to choose and copy the text on a Chromebook
- Choosing to copy and paste text and pictures is easy on a Chromebook. Select and locate the text you want to copy. Copy the selected text with a key combination or right-click.
- The right-click approach on a Chromebook is used to copy and paste a text selection. Default is to left-click if your touchpad only has one button or if the whole touchpad clicks.
- Locate the text to be copied. You may find the text on a website, in an e-mail or in any other document supporting text selection. Left-click the left edge of the desired text.
- Move the pointer right on the screen while holding down the left touchpad button, until the appropriate text is selected. Right-click anywhere while the text is selected.
- If the right mouse button on your touchpad is not available, hit and hold the Alt key. You may also right-click by touching the touchpad with two fingers instead of one.
- Press and hold the finger against the screen instead of touching it to right-click on a touchscreen.
- Create a new document to insert the material. The source of this content may be an e-mail, a Google Docs file, or anything else to add the text.
- Click the right mouse button to paste the text, then choose Customize from the context menu.
Enhanced Chromebook clipboard
The upgrade to Chrome OS 89 adds a new enhanced clipboard that retains the last five copies of your browser history. If you want anything to paste into the enhanced clipboard, press Launcher + V simultaneously and choose the item you want to paste. This function can be enabled in your Chrome flag settings if you have no access to this feature.
How to copy and paste text using a shortcut
In addition, with the use of keyboard shortcuts, you may how to copy and paste in Chromebook in addition to the context menu. They are really the same fundamental keyboard shortcuts used on Windows PCs, making it easy to learn. These are the keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste on a Chromebook:
- Click Ctrl + C on your keyboard to copy something.
- Click Ctrl + V on your keyboard to copy and paste.
- To open the enhanced clipboard, press Launcher + V simultaneously (exclusive to Chrome OS)
As letter C is a copy, the Ctrl + C combination is easy to learn. Ctrl + V may be hard to remember, but you can use the shortcut key to picture the V as the velcro standard. This command cannot utilize Ctrl + P since it is reserved for printing.
Copy a whole web page or document.
While it is not that difficult to select text to copy the old technique, it might take time to choose a whole website or document, especially if you have a great distance to navigate in order to see the complete thing. It might take a long time or the scrolling procedure can lead to the cancellation of your selection.
- Use Ctrl+A to select everything on the page or document to select the complete website or document.
- Once you have picked the text, you can copy it by right-clicking and selecting Copy from the context menu, or you can use the Ctrl+C keyboard shortcut to copy the whole selection.
Instructions for copying pictures from the online pages
In addition to text, a Chromebook can imitate a number of other things. By picking an image you like from the right-click context menu, you can save it or you can copy it and paste it into an image editing tool. This allows you to alter the image in any way you choose before sharing it with others. You can duplicate an image on a Chromebook by following these steps:
- Locate the image to be copied and paste it into the page.
- To open the context menu, right-click on the image or left-click Alt + Left to open the menu bar.
- In the menu, select Copy the image from the list below.
- Create a new image in an image editing program by selecting File > New > Image.
- Use Ctrl + V on your keyboard to paste the picture.
Some photos cannot be duplicated in this way and many image editing apps do not allow you to copy pictures in this manner. If your image editing application opens pictures from a universal resource site, you may also use the right-click of the image and choose a copy image URL (URL).
Read also : Top Tips to use Your Chromebook in…
How to copy Chromebook videos
You can’t copy a video on a Chromebook in the way you copy images, but you can copy a video URL. You can share a video URL with others so they can likewise watch the movie on your computer. Follow these instructions to copy a video link to a Chromebook
- Look for a video you would want to share with others.
- To create a menu, click on the video right or hit Alt + left as you click on the video.
- Select Copy the URL for the video from the options below.
Select the current copy film URL to create the link you want to send to your friends so that you can start watching the video at the given time. This is useful when a video takes a long time to start or when you want to share a film that is really entertaining or intriguing. Open the application to paste and click on the video URL. Any program that allows you to insert text, such as an e-mail or a chat app, is eligible. To insert a link, right-click where you want to display it or left-click Alt + to open a menu.