In these days Virtual Reality Technology is going Crazy. Today we are going to discuss about Advantages & Disadvantages Of Virtual Reality. If you are interested in Virtual Reality & know more about it then you should read our this article.
Let’s start with what is Virtual Reality & Why we need virtual reality?
Table of Contents
What is VR?
VR stands for Virtual Reality, which means using computers to create fully immersive virtual worlds. These worlds allow people to experience places they normally wouldn’t physically go and do things they would never be able to do in real life. With the help of VR technology, people have been able to explore the space station, race cars, test out different types of weapons and even dive underwater.
How did we get here?
The first use of VR was in the 1970’s with some early examples being primitive simulations created by engineers at NASA. In the 1980’s, games started becoming more popular than traditional video games due to their unique capabilities. Today, thanks to advancements in graphics card technology, VR gaming has become much more realistic and affordable than it ever has before.
Where else does VR exist?
There are currently a few major companies working on developing VR technology. Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Samsung have all invested heavily in the area and have helped bring us closer to the future we’ve always hoped for.
Why should I care about VR?
The applications of VR are limitless and its potential is only beginning to be discovered today. From education to training to social interaction, VR could completely change how we live our lives. We may soon find ourselves spending most of our time inside these virtual environments instead of going outside.
Advantages Of Virtual Reality
- Better Learning Environment Virtual reality (VR) technology is one of the newer technologies in education, and its use has been widely implemented at various educational institutions around the world. VR provides students with a unique learning environment, which helps them to focus 100% of their attention on what’s happening in front of them. Students learn faster and retain information longer than they would in a traditional classroom setting.
- Immersive Experience A student using VR technology feels as if he/she is actually inside the virtual space. By immersing themselves completely in the virtual experience, students gain a deeper understanding of what they are studying.
- Augmented Reality With augmented reality, teachers use images and videos that overlay real-life elements, objects, and landscapes onto a screen. Through this process, students can view these elements while simultaneously experiencing them in the real world.
- Creativity Stimulation Students who have access to VR technology can create and explore different types of environments where they can interact with others in order to understand how to solve problems. In addition, students can even design their own worlds and share them with others.
- Collaboration In collaborative work settings, VR can provide a platform for team members to communicate, collaborate, and build relationships with each other. Team members can share ideas, present work products, and brainstorm solutions without being physically located in the same room.
- Reusability VR technology offers many advantages over conventional teaching methods. Once a lesson plan is created, it can be adapted and shared with multiple groups of people. Students can then learn from the teacher rather than having to spend time searching for answers on their own.
- Cost Effectiveness When compared to classroom instruction, VR technology can save teachers money. Instead of paying for a physical location to host classes, VR technology can be accessed online from anywhere. Teachers don’t need to hire additional staff to teach classes either – they can assign lessons to individual students instead.
Disadvantages Of Virtual Reality
- Low Quality Experience When people use virtual reality they often experience something that isn’t necessarily realistic. People don’t know what to expect when exploring VR. Instead of experiencing a vivid world around them, many users only get the sense of being isolated inside their own body. Users often feel disconnected from their surroundings. In addition, some virtual reality experiences leave the user feeling nauseous, dizzy and disoriented.
- Strain Specific Needs When people use virtual environments for growing, they need specific equipment. Many companies offer headsets that cost thousands of dollars. However, not everyone has access to these products. Not everyone has the money to spend on expensive equipment. Additionally, no matter how much money is spent, it’s still inaccessible to those who aren’t rich enough to have the stuff.
- High Cost Virtual reality is expensive, and it keeps getting more expensive. Companies charge hundreds of dollars for a single headset. In fact, it costs at least $8,000 per year to rent a VR headset. Furthermore, there’s always a risk of losing the headset if it gets damaged or lost. As a result, many people choose to just stay indoors instead of going outside and enjoying the fresh air.
In this article, I have discussed what is Virtual Reality? and what are the advantages and disadvantage of Virtual Reality. If you like this article share it with your friends & for any further queries just comment below.