Python is well-known for its tools and frameworks. Furthermore, Python frameworks have become the go-to choice for developers looking to accomplish their objectives with fewer lines of code. You can get certified on Python through this online Python training course which enables you to upskill your professional career as well as assist the organization requirements.
Table of Contents
The top Python frameworks for web development are listed below.
Django is a popular open-source high-level web framework in Python that enables rapid web design and development.
Features in Django are as follows –
- Django assists developers in avoiding a number of frequent security errors.
- Developers may take web apps from concept to launch in hours using this framework.
- This framework’s user authentication mechanism offers a safe approach to manage user passwords and accounts.
CherryPy is a well-known object-oriented web framework written in Python. The framework simplifies the process of developing web apps.
Features in CherryPy are as follows –
- Deployers and developers and alike will benefit from this sophisticated configuration system.
- Testing, coverage, and profiling capabilities are all built-in.
- Sessions, authentication, caching, encoding, static content, and other tools are all built-in.
- A WSGI web server with thread pooling that is reliable and HTTP/1.1 compatible.
- A plug-in system with flexibility.
TurboGears is a framework for web applications written in Python. TurboGears 2, the next edition, is based on multiple web frameworks, including Django, Rails, and TurboGears 1.
Features in TurboGears are as follows –
- It’s intended to be a web application platform for dealing with difficult industrial problems.
- It comes with a transaction manager that makes multi-database deployments easier.
- MongoDB is one of the key storage backends that it supports.
- It supports a number of different template engines.
Flask is a well-known Python web framework for building sophisticated web applications. The framework makes recommendations but does not impose any dependencies or project layout requirements.
Features in Flask are as follows –
- Flask is adaptable.
- The core of the framework is meant to be simple but expandable.
- It has a lot of hooks to customize its behavior.
Web2Py is a free, open-source web framework written in Python enabling rapid development of secure database-driven web applications. It’s a full-stack framework.
Features in Web2Py are as follows –
- It’s intended to assist a web developer in adhering to good software engineering techniques, such as the MVC paradigm.
- By adopting well-established procedures, Web2Py automatically tackles different concerns that can lead to security vulnerabilities.
- A DAL is included in the framework, which dynamically writes SQL.
The bottle is a WSGI micro web framework for Web-based Python applications that is lightweight, simple, and fast. Other than the Python standard library, the framework has no dependencies.
Features in Bottle are as follows –
- Python 2.7 and 3.6+ are required to run Bottle.
- It supports cheetah, jinja2, and mako templates and has a quick and Pythonic *template engine that is built-in*.
- File uploads, cookies, form data, headers, and other metadata pertaining to HTTP are all accessible through the framework.
- Built-in Server for HTTP development and also bjoern support, cherrypy, fapws3, Google Application Engine, or any HTTP server that supports WSGI.
Falcon is a WSGI library that allows you to create fast web APIs and app backends. CPython 3.5+ and PyPy 3.5+ are supported by the framework. Falcon is a Python online framework that adds further performance, flexibility, and reliability to more general Python web frameworks.
Features in Falcon are as follows –
- It has a codebase that is extremely optimized and extensible.
- The request and response objects provide easy access to headers and bodies.
- Processing of DRY requests is provided by the framework through middleware hooks and components.
CubicWeb is an open-source and free framework for semantic web applications written in Python. It allows developers to create web applications more quickly by reusing components (called cubes) and adhering to principles of object-oriented design.
The following are some of its applications:
- It will have a query language called RQL, which is similar to SPARQL from the W3C.
- It comes with a collection of reusable components that address typical requirements.
Quixote is a Python-based framework for developing Web applications. The purpose of this framework is to provide web developers with high performance and flexibility.
Features in Quixote are as follows –
- High-performance and Flexibility.
- Quixote features Python Template Language, which allows you to generate HTML from Python code.
Features in Pyramid are as follows –
- Python 3.8 and 3.9 are supported.
- New security APIs are being developed to facilitate a major revamp of the authentication and authorization system.
Through this article, you have gained sufficient knowledge on various Python Frameworks and their associated features that helps you to plan your Web Development needs accordingly.